Write a story based on the prompt given below:
Samuel Clooney, the author of a series of books centering on Dr. Gabriel North, a psychopath/serial killer, encounters the very character he/she created.
NOTE: This is an Open Event for the members of the Nest at ArtoonsInn’s Room8 – the Writers and Readers’ Room.
Here are all the members in the Nest: https://artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
–>All entries by members in the Nest are considered competing.
–>Participation cards are awarded for all participants.
Here is what you can do using a participation card:
–>If a participant who is part of the Nest but has not entered any clubs yet getss a score above – 7.0 in the final judgement, he/she shall be promoted directly to Feathers Club.
–>Participants from Feathers Club who scores 8.0 or 8.0+ will be promoted to Beaks Club.
–>Participants from Beaks Club who scores 9.0 or 9.0+ will be promoted to Claws Club.
–>Participants who scores 9.0 or 9.0+ may have their writing published through room9 Publications.
- Word limit: Minimum 1500 and maximum 2500 words.
- 1 entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to email@example.com with the subject “Dr North is here”. Alternatively, you can use the submissions tab on the website. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries. Entries received after the deadline will not be eligible for a Participation Card and may or may not be published by the watchers of ArtoonsInn.
- Send a high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com). ArtoonsInn appreciates your sending the photographer credits along with the picture. Please note that entries sent without a cover attested may be delayed in sharing.
- ArtoonsInn Rulfy Policy: Read, rate and review the stories of the participants who have read, rated and reviewed your story.
Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #rulfy at the end of your review/comment requesting the author to rulfy back.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the one who’d requested with a #rulfy, add hashtag #rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfying deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 19th July 2019.
-You may use the rulfy tracker below to keep track of the entries, entries you’d rulfied or are due rulfying.
- Published Entries on the ArtoonsInn website will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on Facebook for the public to read.
- Submissions close on 18th July 2019 at 23:59 IST. Winner announcement on Recognition Day, 31st July 2019. The winner gets a book delivered to their address.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
- Dr North – An Anthology.
Submissions are open for non-artoons as well to get published through Room9 Publications. Contact: Room9@artoonsinn.com
- Enjoy writing!
–>Share and invite your friends to be part of ArtoonsInn.
–>Check Recognition Day June 2019 here: https://artoonsinn.com/recognition-day-june-2019/
Disclaimer 1: By sending your story to us, you are allowing ArtoonsInn to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting all ArtoonsInn website policies.
Disclaimer 2: Your stories may be subjected to receive serious criticism. Kindly know about Artoons’ fundamental rights here:
–>Please note that Endnotes/footnotes in entries will be excluded from Word count only when they stand independent to the story and act as reference.
Examples for endnotes that will NOT be included in word count:
Glossary, Credits, Reference links
Examples for endnotes that WILL be included in word count:
Epilogue, Author Notes (If the story depends on it for clarification), Post Script
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be updated three days after it is shared in the room.
–>Who are the judges?
Judgement will be based on ratings from four different panels:
- Wings Club members – the writer-makers of ArtoonsInn.
- Eyes Club members – the classic reviewers of ArtoonsInn. Participants are encouraged to take Wings and Eyes Club members’ reviews seriously as well as sportively.
Know all ArtoonsInn Clubs’ members here: https://artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
- ArtoonsInn’s Judgement Panel.
- Readers’ ratings on the stories shared.
–>Join us on the Recognition Day of ArtoonsInn – 31st July 2019.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or work previously published elsewhere are neither considered for winning nor encouraged.
Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
Prompt by: Husna Thaslim
Event Organizers: Watchers of ArtoonsInn
–>Invite your writer/reader friends to be a part of ArtoonsInn.