ARTALES – 16 | #BreakFree
Write a story in which your protagonist flees from a tough situation in life. Explore the protagonist’s journey (physical/emotional) as he/she slams the door behind and escapes the situation.
NOTE: This is an Open Event for anyone to participate.
–>Though this is an open event, Feathers Club members and Claws Club members of ArtoonsInn are exempted from winning in the event. Participation cards are awarded for all participants.
Here is what you can do using a participation card:
- Word limit: Minimum 1500 and maximum 2500 words.
- 1 entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to email@example.com with the subject “ArTales-16 entry”. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries.
- Send a high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com). We’d much appreciate your sending the photographer credits along with the picture. Please note that entries sent without a cover attested may be delayed in sharing.
- RULFY: Read and review the stories of the participants who have reviewed your story.
Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #rulfy at the end of your review/comment.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the giver, add hashtag #rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfying deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 23rd March 2019.
-Use and update the rulfy tracker here to keep track of your rulfy status:
-When the winner is decided among the top 5, priority will be given for the competitor who has rulfied the most.
- Entries will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on Facebook.
- Submissions close on 22nd March 2019 23:59 IST. Winner announcement on Recognition Day, 31st March 2019. Winner gets a ‘must-read’ book delivered to their address.
- Only non-club Artoons’ entries will be considered competing. Only Artoons are eligible for winning.
Become an Artoon: https://artoonsinn.com/thenest/
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
- If this is your debut entry for an open event at ArtoonsInn, please send a bio of yourself within 2-3 lines along with your entry (The best debut entry will be picked and honoured on Recognition Day).
Disclaimer: By sending your story you are allowing us to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting our website policies.
–>Sharing of entries received after the deadline, may be delayed until all eligible entries have been given priority.
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be published soon after the rulfying deadline is met.
–>Who are the judges?
Judgement will be based on reviews from three different panels:
- Wings Club members – the writer-makers of ArtoonsInn.
- Eyes Club members – the classic reviewers of ArtoonsInn. Participants are encouraged to take Wings and Eyes Club members’ reviews seriously as well as sportively.
Know all ArtoonsInn Clubs’ members here: https://artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
- ArtoonsInn Judges.
–>The most active member and the best reviewer in the writers’ and readers’ room throughout the month of March will be featured as ‘Artoon of the month’ and ‘Reviewer of the month’ respectively on Recognition Day of ArtoonsInn(every last day of the month).
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or previously published work are neither considered for winning nor will be included in the event.
*Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event*.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
Prompt by: Shankar Hosagoudar
Event Organizers: Husna Thaslim, Mithru Rachamalla and Shankar Hosagoudar
–>Invite your writer/reader friends to be a part of the adventure at ArtoonsInn.