Prompt: “We have to get out of here.”
1. Your story must have a minimum of 480 and a maximum of 500 words. Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will not be accepted.
2. Must use the given line somewhere in your story without alterations.
3. Do not send previously published works. Strictly fresh stories only.
4. We don’t encourage plagiarism. Kindly refrain!
5. Write as many stories as you can. In case two or more stories from the same author get selected, only the story with the higher rating will be considered for the event.
6. The last date of submission is on 27th of July 2018 at 23:59 and the results will be declared on 5th of August 2018 at 18:00. Entries submitted after the deadline will also be shared on the website (and associated social media) but would not be included in the event.
7. Send your story through a WORD FILE ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your mail MUST be “#Five00 -2”
8. Send us a 2-3 line introduction about yourself (in the third person) and write it at the end of your story.
9. Send a high-quality (1 MB above) picture relating to the story along with your story and we’ll make the cover. Pixabay.com offers free and high-quality images.
10. Make sure you follow the above-mentioned rules to avoid delay in publishing your work on our website. Entries are posted in the sequence of first in first out (FIFO).
11. Have fun! Yes, that’s a rule. Enjoy writing!
12. By sending your story you are allowing us to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com
1) Readers are encouraged to write (share) their comments and rate the stories. Scores are given within a familiar 1-10 range, 10 is the highest score. So, when your story is rated 9, rejoice!
Here’s what the numbers mean:
10 =Great story! You should consider publishing this.
9 =A very good story – with the potential to be great.
8 =Good story. But you still need to get a critique or two to polish your story.
7 =A decent story – could be great with some polishing.
6 =Better than average, but still needs work.
5 =Not bad, but it doesn’t stand out.
4 =Your idea has merit, but the story needs a lot of revision.
3 =If at first you don’t succeed…rewrite, rewrite again.
2 =This story is best saved for reading to your family.
1 =Consider this story as practice and write a new one
2) Winners will be decided based on the scores given by the readers.
- When the rating is not given, the story will be rated 5.
3) Votes and readers’ reactions are also taken into consideration.
- Any reaction = 1 point, Share = 2 points
4) Winners will get a beautiful novel delivered to their address.
For any further queries contact email@example.com