Rain, The smell of coffee, A half-finished diary entry.
1. In Five00-3, we give you a mood and you give us your most creative 500-word story. The given setting ought to be followed in your story.
2. Your story must have a minimum of 480 and a maximum of 500 words. Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will not be accepted. (Use http://countwordsfree.com/ or https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
3. Do not send previously published works. Strictly fresh stories only. We don’t encourage plagiarism. Kindly refrain!
4. You can send up to TWO stories of unique storylines. Each story must be submitted separately. Only the story with the higher rating will be considered for the event.
5. The last date for submissions is the 25th of August 2018, at 23:59 and the results will be declared on 5th of September 2018, at 18:00 IST. Entries submitted after the deadline will also be shared on the website (and our associated social media) but would not be included in the event.
6. Submit your stories through a Word document (ONLY) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your mail MUST be “Entry for #Five00-3”. Alternatively, you can also send us your story through “Submissions” tab on our website (https://artoonsinn.com/contact-us/)
7. Send us a 2-3 line introduction about yourself (in the third person) and write it at the end of your story.
8. Your story MUST be accompanied by a high-quality picture relating to the story to feature as the cover. The pictures must be non-copyrighted. (Refer Pixabay.com for high-quality free pictures.) The stories submitted without a picture will be delayed.
9. Make sure you follow the above-mentioned rules to avoid delay in publishing your work on our website. Entries are posted in the sequence of first in first out (FIFO).
10. Have fun! Yes, that’s a rule. Enjoy writing!
Disclaimer: By sending your story you are allowing us to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting the ArtoonsInn website policies.
Join our community: Do join our Writers and readers base where your stories will be shared first: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WritersAndReadersRoom/
1. To create a learning environment, all the participants are encouraged to rate their co-participants’ stories in the comments section of the story either on the website or in the Writers and Readers Room based on the following criteria which will be taken into consideration.
- Subjective rating: How much do you like the story? 1-10 (10 being the highest)
- Objective rating: Rate language/grammar, creativity/originality, content as:
–Can do better
Everyone is encouraged to justify their ratings/share a review for their co-participants.
2. A poll at the end of the event is also taken into consideration.
3. The winner will get a beautiful novel delivered to their address.
4. A team of ArtoonsInn Writers and Readers Room judges also play a key role in deciding the winner.
***ArtoonsInn awaits your creativity.***