Write a story in which the opening and closing sentences of the story are the same.
You may only change the punctuation of the sentences.
NOTE: This is an Open Event for only people from Earth, Moon and Mars to participate. For unfortunate reasons, we have banned participation from Venus.
–>Though this is an open event, Claws Club and Beaks Club members of ArtoonsInn are exempted from winning in the event. However, participation cards are awarded for all participants.
Here is what you can do using a participation card:
- Word limit: Minimum 480 and maximum 500 words.
–>Please note that Endnotes/footnotes in entries will be excluded from Word count only when they stand independent to the story and act as reference.
Examples for End notes that will NOT be included in word count:
Glossary, Credits, Reference links.
Examples for End notes that WILL be included in word count:
Epilogue, Author Notes (If the story depends on it for clarification), Post Script
- 1 entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to email@example.com with the subject “Five00-7 Entry”. Alternatively, you can use the submissions tab on the website. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries. Entries received after the deadline will not be eligible for a Participation Card and may or may not be published by the watchers of ArtoonsInn.
- Send a high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com). ArtoonsInn appreciates your sending the photographer credits along with the picture. Please note that entries sent without a cover attested may be delayed in sharing.
- ArtoonsInn Rulfy Policy: Read, rate and review the stories of the participants who have read, rated and reviewed your story.
Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #rulfy at the end of your review/comment requesting the author to rulfy back.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the one who’d requested with a #rulfy, add hashtag #rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfying deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 10th August 2019.
-You may use the rulfy tracker below to keep track of the entries, entries you’d rulfied or are due rulfying. It is not mandatory upon you to update the tracker – it is only as a means for you to assist you in keeping track with your rulfying progress.
- Published Entries on the ArtoonsInn website will be shared on the ArtoonsInn Page on Facebook for the public to read.
- Submissions close on 9th August 2019 at 23:59 of the participant location’s standard time. Winner announcement on Recognition Day, 31st August 2019. The winner gets Hawk’s Nest, the first publication from ArtoonsInn’s room9 along with Hiraeth – another room9 publication authored by Dr. Shivani Salil delivered to their address.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
- If this is your debut entry for an open event at ArtoonsInn, please send a bio of yourself within 2-3 lines along with your entry (The best debut entry will be picked and honoured on Recognition Day).
- Enjoy writing!
–>Share and invite your friends to be part of ArtoonsInn.
–>Check Recognition Day July 2019 here: https://artoonsinn.com/recognition-day-july-2019/
Swan cards are presented to the best entries by the Watchers of ArtoonsInn which may help the participants enter higher clubs.
Know all the club members here: https://artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
Disclaimer 1: By sending your story to us, you are allowing ArtoonsInn to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting all ArtoonsInn website policies.
Disclaimer 2: Your stories may be subjected to receive serious criticism. Kindly know about Artoons’ fundamental rights here:
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be updated three days after it is shared in the room.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or work previously published elsewhere are neither considered for winning nor encouraged. Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
Prompt by: Pallavi Suri
Event Organizers: Watchers of ArtoonsInn – Husna Thaslim, Mithru Rachamalla, Pallavi Suri
We extend our warmest invitation to you to honour us with your presence on Recognition Day – 31st August 2019.
Venue: Room8 of ArtoonsInn – https://www.facebook.com/groups/WritersAndReadersRoom
–>Invite your writer/reader friends to be a part of ArtoonsInn.